Monday, September 12, 2011

The Portable Calendar - You

I always carry my PDA with me when I go anywhere. I use it to update any calendar dates on the go. If someone asks if I am free at some point in time, I do not trust my memory as quite often I end up double-booking myself. I have learned the hard way. I went to a big event in the city not too long ago. I was there to meet with an important client and to also meet this client's spouse. They asked if my husband and I could attend a celebration of the fastest growing businesses in the area. The time and date were given to us and we said we would be there. When I finally looked at my calendar, we were double booked. The second meeting was for a family birthday.

Now we did not know what to do. If I missed the client's celebration, I would likely lose out on a potentially good contract. If I missed the birthday, I would be in trouble with my family. I almost decided to be sick that day. As it turned out, the family birthday celebration was changed to another day in the week and I was able to attend both. I learned my lesson; never say yes until you know for sure that you can make the event.

Grow Calendar 2011

If you do say yes to an event, make sure you show up. Nothing is worse than agreeing to something and not following-through. You will gain more with the business relationship by doing what you said you would do.

The Portable Calendar - You

Grow Calendar 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment