Thursday, August 11, 2011

Basement Remodeling Materials to Purchase

Ever since I started remodeling basements way back in 1992, I have always relied on just 2 primary suppliers for better than 90% of ALL of my contracting supplies. Those 2 suppliers are 2 of the biggest SUPER STORES for building supplies on the planet and they are the Home Depot and Lowes.

And since I do not supply bathroom and wet bar fixtures and appliances for my clients jobs, my clients are asked to shop at these stores for their supplies as well. At these two stores my clients have a huge selection of bathroom fixtures, faucets, sinks, and even appliances. They also have a great selection of bar and vanity tops in solid surfaces (like granite and marble) and several brands of good old fashioned Formica tops!

Lowes Build

Just about the ONLY materials that I choose not to buy at these Super Stores are a few misc. special order plumbing and electric supplies. Occasionally I will purchase my drywall from a supplier who just sells drywall supplies, normally they can beat the "big box" stores prices because they buy in such volume.

If you did not watch the video I did about "How much will my basement remodeling project cost me to do?" In this video I give you a long list of materials EVERYTHING INCLUDED) that I use to finish a typical basement. I can get over 90% of everything on this huge list I talk about at either Home Depot or Lowes!

Most every town USA has at least one of these Super Stores close to home! Open up a contractor account and a lot of times they will give you a 10% discount on your 1st purchase! Get it all on one order and store it some place until it's needed on the job site and you could save hundreds of dollars if not a thousand or more!

As an additional service of my basement remodeling company I also offer basement designing and floor plans for my clients. This service is for clients that want to do the work themselves, but need a professional Designed Layout and a detailed Floor Plan from which to build from and use to order building permits.

When a client asks me for this service, I will also include a detailed materials list with an estimated material cost sheet for the home owners to shop from. This way no materials are missed and the client has an estimate for how much they need to spend on materials from the gate! I am getting ready to begin offering this service over the internet and will soon be adding this service (Basement Finishing 101) to my website

The plan also comes with 6 hours of video instruction and training that details a finished basement remodel from A-Z for the client to follow! It's like having a subcontractor from every trade standing beside you showing you exactly what to do next! The videos are extremely detailed and very technical. I will be offering this service over the internet for a limited time!

So there you have it! Home Depot and Lowes for almost all of your building materials shopping!

Basement Remodeling Materials to Purchase

Lowes Build

0 comments:

Post a Comment